From Hitchin Hackspace
Definitions & Membership
- This is the constitution ("Constitution") of Hitchin Hackspace ("The Organisation").
- The Organisation has the objectives of create and run a not-for-profit community workshop. ("Objectives").
- The Organisation may hold, transfer and dispose of material assets and intangible assets.
- The Organisation uses an electronic system to carry out its governance ("Governance System").
- The Organisation has one or more members ("Members") who support its Objectives.
- Each Member nominates an email address at which they will receive important notices from the Organisation ("Nominated Email Address").
- Members may access the Governance System at the website http://hitchinhackspace.oneclickorgs.com
- Members may view the current Constitution on the Governance System.
- Members may view a register of current Members together with their Nominated Email Addresses on the Governance System.
- Members may resign their membership via the Governance System.
Proposals & Decisions
- Members may jointly make a decision ("Decision") relating to any aspect of the Organisation's activities as follows:
- Any member may submit a proposal ("Proposal") on the Governance System.
- A Proposal may be voted on for a period of 7 days starting with its submission ("Voting Period").
- Members may view all current Proposals on the Governance System.
- Members may vote to support ("Supporting Vote") or vote to oppose ("Opposing Vote") a Proposal on the Governance System during the Proposal's Voting Period.
- Members may only vote on Proposals submitted during their membership of the Organisation.
- A Decision is made if a Proposal receives Supporting Votes from more than half of the Members during the Voting Period; or when more *Supporting Votes than Opposing Votes have been received for the Proposal at the end of the Voting Period.
- The Constitution may only be amended by a Decision where Supporting Votes are received from more than two thirds of Members during the Voting Period.
- New Members may be appointed (and existing Members ejected) only by a Decision where Supporting Votes from more than half of the Members are received during the Voting Period; or when more Supporting Votes than Opposing Votes have been received for the Proposal at the end of the Voting Period.
- Members may view all Decisions on the Governance System.