Health Alert: Covid-19/Coronavirus
Given the current Government advice, Hitchin Hackspace remains open, including the Monday open nights. However, we request the following:
- Carefully consider whether you should attend the open night.
- If you have a cough or fever, or have recently come into contact with anyone who has, please follow the Government advice on self-isolating at home. Contact 111 if necessary.
- If you have a medical condition which makes you especially vulnerable to COVID-19, you may wish to avoid the Space for the time being.
- Please remember that if you are a full member, you will have access to the Space on a 24/7 basis, so should you wish to use the tools and facilities of the Space, these are available to you at other times. Regrettably, we have recently had to reset the door lock, so you will need re-adding to it, but this can be done by arrangement or on Monday or Thursday evenings.
If you visit the Hackspace please make note of the following:
- There is handwash and paper towels in the kitchen and toilet.
- Please wash your hands when entering the Space and frequently thereafter.
- As much as possible, please try to avoid touching your face.
- PLEASE REMEMBER THE WATER FROM THE KITCHEN TAP CAN BE EXTREMELY HOT. The tap in the toilet is limited to a safe temperature.
- To facilitate handwashing in the kitchen area, please leave the washing-up bowl out of the sink other than when washing up.
- Place items waiting to be washed up in the bowl, not the sink.
- There are anti-bacterial/viral wipes and cleaning spray in the kitchen area.
- Please clean any worksurfaces and equipment after using them.
- Wipe down any PPE (safety goggles, face shield, ear defenders) before and after use.
- PPE must be worn where required; it is not acceptable to avoid using PPE due to concerns about infection.
- As part of closing down the space at the end of a session, please wipe the toilet flush and seat, sinks, taps, light switches and door handles with an antibacterial wipe. There are nitrile (blue) gloves in the kitchen.
We will review this advice on a weekly basis or when the advice from the Government changes.