|This tool cannot be operated without completing a training course.|
The lathe is this one Machine Mart Clarke CL500M
The instruction manual: Machine Mart Clarke CL500M Instruction Manual
(Locally hosted copy: Machine Mart Clarke CL500M Instruction Manual)
- Mike R (self trained)
- Brian C (by MM, 5/8/19)
- Richard C (by MM, 5/8/19)
- Rob B (by MM, 5/8/19)
- Ben A (by MM, 12/8/19)
- Dave B (by MM, 12/8/19)
- Alister (by MM, 19/8/19)
- Neil S (by MM, 19/8/19)
- Paul B (by MM, 26/8/19)
- Jack D (by MM, 26/8/19)
- Martin DS (by MM, 26/8/19)
- Gerry T (by MM, 18/11/19)
- Ben G (by MM, 18/11/19)
- Alex PB (by MM, 18/11/19)
- Excessive safety interventions that prevented the drill/mill feature being used have been removed. We may want to consider a new chuck guard.
- The belt setup was weird, with a single belt between the motor and the spindle, when there was meant to be a jack shaft and two belts. there were two spare belts, but they didn't seem to fit correctly. possible a pulley needs swapping round, or the motor/tensioning adjusting. reading the manual may help. edit: manual read. no idler is a legit setup. its a very unusual arrangement. we'll need to print out the relevant page of the manual.
- There was initially a rattle sound that was tracked to the motor pulley being loose. that's been fixed by tightening the grub screw. could do with some loctite.
- The chuck also appears to rattle. one of the drive key parts seems to be loose.
- The clutch to change drive to the mill head works, but there is a ~4.7mm (3/16"?) key missing from the vertical shaft, so the mill/drill can't be used.
- The E-stop switch was locked in and we don't have a key. I've fiddled with it so now the e-stop works but doesn't latch. We could do with replacing it.
- The power feed works.
- The gibs on the compound need adjusting.
- There's also a fair bit of backlash that can probably be improved with some tuning.
- The pulley/belt setting to speed table needs printing out.
|T nut set|
Other accessories are shared with the mill and appear on that page.
- Tail Stock Morse Taper
- Equivalent lathes with better manuals and online info
- Shopfox PTSXPRESS M1018
- Grizzly G4015Z
- Warco WMT300/1