Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This tool cannot be operated without completing a training course.|
The mill is still being commissioned.
The manual is for the ZX25M and the ZX30M. Instruction Manual
Our Mill is the slightly smaller capacity ZX25M.
- Excessive safety interventions removed.
- Work light removed as it wasn't positionable, even with all our LED lights it will still need refitting as the machine itself cast shadows and you can never have enough light at the tool to see what is going on.
- Its all seems to work fine. I haven't changed belts, or tried cutting anything yet but all the chucks, draw-bars, special tools etc. are all there and it sounds ok.
- The accessories could do with a shelf or a shadow board to store them on.
- I haven't leveled it or trammed the head. Probably not worth doing but maybe worth checking how far out it is once we're more sure on the location.
- We could do with a handy look up of spindle speed for different cutter/drill sizes.
- The hand wheels need pushing fully onto the leadscrews, and the setscrews tightening and loctiting. The main cross slide leadscrew is bent on the left hand end and probably needs replacing.
- All slide-ways and oiling points oiled with ISO68 Slideway lubricant.
- 6mm Shank
- 1mm end mill
- 1.5mm end mill
- long 3mm end mill
- 3mm ball nose
- long 3.5mm end mill
- 4mm end mill (2x)
- long 5mm end mill
- Larger Shank
- Quill Morse Taper